About the Role:
The Occupational Health Specialist will work within Gas Transmission’s Safety and Health team with our Asset department.
- Responsible for ensuring all occupational health risks within GT are well understood, assessed, and managed. This will include risks from our operational workforce, control rooms and office staff.
- Develop and deliver the strategy for management of occupational health risks across GT
- Developing technical content for GT standards and polices and issue specific improvement frames where gaps are identified across GT.
- Owning planning, implementation, and monitoring of GT’s health surveillance programme through the occupational health service provider and help identify and deliver new and innovative approaches to the management of employee’s occupational health risks and wellbeing in the workplace.
- Establish relevant occupational hygiene monitoring programme for specific on-site hazards across GT.
- Interpret and feedback to GT all data outputs from our occupational health provider for health surveillance and case management
- Actively identify and interpret emerging requirements which may impact on the business
- Support in the delivery of a sustained culture change programme for wellbeing by working in partnership with wider health and wellbeing teams, external organisations, and other organisations to improve the way occupational health issued are addressed within National Grid.
- Work with wider teams to develop a clear direction and effective programmes for helping to identify and manage work related or work impacting health issues through risk assessment, training and support.
- Support with development of relevant training for employees/management on occupational health risks.
- Provide information and advice to key stakeholders.
- Represent GT’s Health and Wellbeing Team at internal and external events as required
Candidate requirements :
- Experience in occupational health/safety for large multi-disciplinary organisation
- 3 years’ experience of delivering occupational health programmes, ideally within a corporate setting
- Experience working in operational settings managing occupational health risks
- Experience with engaging and influencing senior management, line managers, employee representatives and other specialist to support in designing and adopting new OH policies and procedures
- Evaluating, analysing, and reviewing the effectiveness of occupational health programmes.
- Evaluating, analysing, and reviewing business occupational health risks to deliver a risk-based approach.