The post holder is responsible for managing the project Changes related to the implementation phase of the ROP Mission Critical Communications Network. They will guide various teams in the correct use of Change Management disciplines and ensure the Change Request process is correctly followed, providing support and guidance where required.
The post holder will ensure Gatekeeping checks are made and that all relevant information is available to make a reasoned decision. They will ensure that financial, commercial, and operational impacts are fully understood as part of any change approval. The post holder will also ensure that customer agreement is gained before any material changes being made to the contractual deliverables.
● Coordinating the change requests related implementation of the network. These can be Technical, Service Improvement, Contractor Operational Changes, ensuring correct processes and procedures are followed.
● Assessing the priority and impact of all changes for accuracy and clarity.
● Assessing the Change Schedule and project Plans for the impact of all planned changes
● Coordinating change approvals; liaising between approvers, initiators including the customer.
● Creating, preparing, and distributing Change Management documentation and communications including
● House-keeping and management of change records and their associated change requests using a suitable repository
● Providing knowledge, support, and guidance to initiators, approvers, and other stakeholders.
● Ensuring all changes are planned, documented, communicated, and validated by the process and the contractual requirements
● Ensure all documentation resulting from the change are updated and version controlled
● Communicating progress of changes as appropriate through regular project review meetings
Skills & Requirements:
● Customer focus and an awareness and understanding of customer needs
● In-depth knowledge of change management approaches, and the ability to flex these to suit the
● Experience in managing change in complex projects or network implementations
● Knowledge of mobile telecommunications network and a background in TETRA is desirable
● The ability to influence and negotiate with both internal and external parties.
● Ability to develop relationships to help secure successful outcomes for stakeholders (internally and externally)
● Good communication and people interaction skills, including presentation and group discussions.
● A passion for sharing knowledge; driving desired behaviors through a coaching mentality
● Ability to self motivate and constantly challenge and improve ways of working