About the role :
A pipeline scheduler interfaces with shipper scheduling personnel, connecting carriers, the Pipeline Operations Center, and field personnel to plan, communicate, and manage the monthly movement schedules. Schedules are developed to optimize system utilization, hydraulics, and operating costs while helping ensure product quality is maintained.
· Remains on call 24 hours/7 days per week to adjust schedules for problems due to operational upsets or emergencies.
· Plans pipeline schedules to optimize pipeline utilization, hydraulics and operating costs such as energy, DRA, etc.
· Reviews and analyzes requirements of customers to determine the proper batch size, sequence and timing at origin and destination points.
· Communicates with scheduling personnel of shippers and connecting carriers to develop proper timing and products of receipt and deliveries.
· Provides appropriate schedules and instructions to shippers, connecting carriers, the Pipeline Operations Center and field personnel and updates these to reflect changes in batch size, sequence, timing, origin, etc.
· Identify business growth opportunities by understanding MPL’s critical success factors and utilizing market information as well as implementing schedule efficiencies.
· Identify synergies by working with shippers, connecting carriers, MPL field personnel and Logistics and Storage Engineering (L&SE) to minimize system downtime.
Candidate requirements :
· A Bachelor’s degree is required; a business-related discipline is preferred.
· Knowledge of downstream operations and/or pipeline operations is preferred