Requisition ID: 156279
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit OGC Engineering
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Position OverviewWe are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
District OverviewKiewit Engineering Group, Inc. is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
LocationThis position is based out of our Energy Corridor Office in Houston, TX and typically requires less than 25 percent travel.
Responsibilities• Performs intermediate calculations under the supervision of a more senior engineer. Solves problems using well established scientific principles.
• Conducts routine technical assignments with some oversight from experienced personnel.
• Develops small to mid-size project or proposals.
• Works with designers to develop engineering and design documents as needed for the project.
• Considers multiple solutions and makes good decisions based on good data analysis.
• Recognizes, troubleshoots and resolves design constraints and issues. Applies economic analysis to determine best cost solutions.
• Initiates development of personal objectives aligned with those of the organization.
• Seeks feedback and uses it effectively.
• Has good understanding of the complete design and has good input into ways of improving the design and lowering costs with little to no supervision.
• Questions accepted ways of doing things and actively seeks opportunities to try new ideas.
• Utilize codes and standards to complete assignments.
• Identifies changes in the scope of work during a small project and produces design changes as needed to stay within budget and schedule.
• Recognizes the importance of customer needs.
• Performs assigned work efficiently and effectively to maximize person productivity.
• Leads quality checks of the design and engineering of a small to mid-size project to ensure accuracy.
• Establishes credibility in terms of technical competency.
Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering minimum required.
• 4-10 years’ minimum relevant experience in refining and petrochemical industry.
• Receives little to no instruction on routine work and detailed instruction on new assignment from more experienced engineer. Receives guidance on high risk or advanced conditions.
• Can provides guidance to less experienced engineers.
• Adjusts to varying demands of work and performs well.
• Develops and presents work in well-constructed written and verbal presentations. Clearly conveys messages and ideas, gains understanding.
• Works collaboratively across departments and involves others in solving problems. Initiates meetings within own team, other disciplines or internal customers for clarity on work.
• Supports project teams and departments in a positive and productive manner. Works well with other to accomplish common goals and objectives.
• Serves as point of contact for external or internal customers.
• Follows through on commitments made to internal and external customers.
• Able to manage multiple responsibilities with set expectations and meet deadlines.
• Able to specify actions to take when standards or contract requirements are not met.#LI-TD28
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Customer Demand Planning
Hardworking And Dedicated