About The Role:
Responsible for providing job plans for daily maintenance activities, planning and scheduling unit shutdowns, preparing job packages for expense projects, providing planning assistance for emergency shutdowns and developing AFE/Turnaround job plans/schedules for projects not handled by the Engineering Services Department or T/A group.
- Provides job plans for daily maintenance activities, plans and schedules unit shutdowns, prepares job packages for expense projects, provides planning assistance for emergency shutdowns, and develops AFE/Turnaround job plans for projects not handled by the Engineering Services Department.
- Receives and reviews work orders that have been authorized by the users of Maintenance services.
- Assists with preparing work scopes and establishes the labor, tools, material, and equipment required for work orders.
- Estimates, plans, and requisitions manpower, materials, and equipment for approved work orders.
- Prepares/supplies drawings, sketches, bid packages, specifications, procedure, etc. that will aid the Maintenance Supervisor for all planned jobs.
- Maintains the records essential to the effective operation of the planning and scheduling areas of responsibility.
- Coordinates the scheduling of the planned project with Maintenance supervision, Operations, Safety and the Purchasing Department to achieve maximum efficiency and cost management in a proactive manner.
- Tracks temporary repairs until permanent repairs can be made.
- Accumulates costs for reporting purposes on specific jobs.
- Assists in monitoring the productivity of contractors performing work in the refinery.
- Participates in rotation of supervision for the maintenance second shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3 years of planning and/or maintenance experience in refining or a related industry required.
- Experience using computer-based planning and scheduling tools required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Maintenance Planning experience preferred.
- Basic skill using Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word and Excel) required.
- Working knowledge of the use of process flow sheets and P&IDs required.