Plant Facility EngineerFull Time
Login to bookmark
About The Role:
This role provides a unique opportunity for an engineer who is looking for a rewarding and challenging career yet still be in a small town setting. We are looking for a candidate who is a driven, result oriented professional who enjoys working in a busy multifaceted work environment.
- Coordinate the annual capital project database, including the launching of the Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) request/authorization form, issuing all the internal and external/Corp capital cost and summary reports, while controlling to individual and overall project costs.
- Ensure engineering drawings are kept current by ensuring red lined drawings are updated in a timely manner, and by confirming as built drawings are issued. This includes PIDs and cause and effects.
- Maintain and ensure the Cenovus Project Delivery Module (PDM) is being followed. Including Design Basis Memorandum (DBM’s), and Authorization for Expenditures (AFE’s), providing manpower estimates, material procurement, and work breakdown structures.
- Develop front end engineering packages and perform detailed engineering calculations as required. Prepare preliminary design drawings and construction drawings as required, by ensuring compliance to standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all contractors under his/her control are aware of the site safety requirements and are working safely.
- Participate in incident investigations, process and equipment failure analysis as required.
- Manage all the phases of projects, coordinate the commissioning of projects and turn over the completed projects to the production with Cenovus turnover documents.
- Support Cenovus’s Management of Change (MOC) Standard and Procedure through technical reviews of proposed changes to existing facilities.
- Interface with various technology providers, equipment suppliers, vendors, engineering firms and contract service companies.
- Complies with all HS&E requirements in the performance of this Position’s responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering is preferred; however, other engineering disciplines will be considered.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a related Engineering role preferably supporting an industrial operational facility
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, organization and time management skills
- Knowledge/experience with piping design and stress analysis
- Preparation and organizing project bid packages
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing demands in a fast paced, operational front-line work environment.