About the role:
Upstream Thermal Onstream Operations currently has an opportunity for a Plant Operator at the Edam East SAGD Facility. The Facility Operation consists of water treating, high pressure steam generation, sour oil wells and oil treating facilities.
As a Plant Operator, you will Report to the Operations Senior Supervisor, the Plant Operator is responsible for ensuring it is run in a safe, efficient manner while maintaining the necessary production requirements.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all area-specific equipment to optimize performance to meet production targets as per Company’s guidelines
- Perform condition monitoring including sampling and testing per area responsibilities. Complete area operations records. (e.g. volume balances, log sheets, work permits and required reports)
- Support operations performed maintenance activities aligned to the site’s operating philosophy. Support on-site maintenance contractors by communicating Company’s requirements, policies and procedures, while leading by example
- Provide assistance, coaching, on-the-job training and assessments to new employees as required
- Comply with all HS&E requirements in the performance of this Position’s responsibilities
- Comply with High Reliability Organization standards and expectations
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- 3rd Class Power Engineering certificate, 2nd class power engineering certification or significant advancement towards 2nd class is preferred.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry, SAGD operations is preferred.
- Experience in the operation of steam generating equipment, control panel, oil processing and/or well equipment and associated process and systems is an asset.
- Experience in equipment isolation, safe work permitting and hazard analysis.
- Proficiency with computers is required (experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, SAP, and a field data capture system would be considered an asset).
- The ability to work in a team environment and a willingness to accept increased operational responsibility.
- Solid understanding of safety and regulatory standards and procedures.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License (experienced). For this position, you will be required to maintain a Class 5 driver’s license, a satisfactory driving record, and adhere to the appropriate Company policies and guidelines. A driver’s abstract will be one of the background checks requested in the Pre-employment Screening for the final candidate.
- As this position has been identified as safety-sensitive, the employment of a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical and alcohol/drug assessments.