About the role :
The Plant Technician is part of the Eagleford asset within BPX. The position is for the operation of the Hawkville North East Facility, which is a PSM facility. Initial training will be completed on a regular M-F schedule; however, upon completion of training shift work is required with a seven day on seven day off 12 hours per day shift schedule.
- Responsible for the safe, environmentally conscious, and economical operation of Hawkville North East Facility
- Ensure safe working conditions exist for all plant employees and contractors.
- Ensure compliance with all Safety and Environmental practices and procedures.
- Development and execution of energy isolations for maintenance activities
- Use of verification application to verify critical work and log failures.
- Operate plant inlet, compression, and process areas and associated systems.
- Maximize production while meeting product specifications, striving for maximum runtime of the facilities, being helpful and a positive influence, and interacting effectively with other work disciplines, teams, and team members.
- Provide positive leadership while being a team player.
- Complete daily read-ups and follow up on parameters outside of normal operational ranges.
- Troubleshooting of operational and maintenance problems
- Perform routine housekeeping of the plant, and process area.
- Maintain buildings and grounds.
- Share knowledge with co-workers and strive to meet personal and company business goals and objectives.
- Interface with other parts of the BPX organization such as maintenance, production teams and gas distribution companies
- Identify required maintenance on plant equipment and related systems and complete computer work orders.
- Be responsible for preparation of the plant equipment and piping systems for maintenance.
- Utilize available training resources to enhance technical abilities.
- Maintain training required to operate as well as keeping emergency preparedness skills and knowledge at a level that will enable assistance in the handling of any plant emergencies.
- Having the ability to use hand tools, climb ladders and stairs to elevations of process vessels, open and close process valves and operate motor vehicles.
- Take an active role in the Process Safety Management program and the DOT pipelines.
- Ability to use and develop standard operating procedures and equipment specific isolation procedures.