Power Design EngineerFull Time
Login to bookmark
About The Role:
The Power Design Engineer defines the power schemes and designs electrical components for traction drives or auxiliary converter systems.
- Calculates electrical or thermal constraints related to all components of the power scheme (use MATLAB, SABER, MATHCAD or CITHEL tools) to fulfil all customer and normative requirements. Write corresponding design reports
- Define the interfaces of electrical components with mechanical department
- Specifies the electrical components of the traction drives or auxiliary converters
- Power electronic components (IGBT, diodes, …)
- Traction motors
- Passive components (inductors, transformers, capacitors, resistors, busbars, …)
- Interface components with control electronics (sensors, gate drives, relays, …)
- Participates in design review with suppliers
- Participates in the business award and components qualification
- Specifies the power requirements to be exported to the control/command engineer (flux law, torque law, PWM strategy, protection thresholds, …)
- Participates in the definition of validation tests of the power scheme with the validation engineer
- Participates in investigation tests
- Contributes to the problem solving
- Prepares the power design reviews in accordance with DFQ system
- Participates in technical core team meetings
- Educational requirement: Master degree in electrical engineering
- Language skills: Fluency in written and spoken French. Able to communicate in English.
- Behavioural competencies: Autonomy, analytical mind, team spirit, good communication skills, time management skill; sense of priorities; hands-on approach, ability to take part in a project.