Power SchedulerFull Time
Login to bookmark
About The Role:
We are looking for someone who is interested in this unique and dynamic commodity market, and supporting Suncor’s Power Scheduling Team to analyze market conditions, execute asset optimization and short-term trading strategies, as well as maintain knowledge of key issues affecting the Alberta electricity market.
- Optimize Suncor’s fleet of power generation assets in the Alberta Market
- Provide market monitoring, reporting and analytical support to power trading activities, our power team and other internal partners
- Execute physical bilateral transactions with counterparties in adjacent markets to capitalize on real time arbitrage opportunities
- Perform daily power generator scheduling and dispatching functions
- Liaise with asset operations teams and market system controllers, and perform real time compliance monitoring
- Grow and maintain knowledge of the Alberta electricity market, as well as functional technical knowledge of the generating assets in Suncor’s portfolio.
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- The shift schedule is a four days on / six days off rotation (two days on, two nights on, six nights off; 12-hour shifts), as the team provides 24-hour coverage, which includes nights, weekends and holidays
- You are flexible and willing to face new challenges to support power scheduling activities during non-core business hours, under changing market conditions
- Our business professional roles follow internal compensation guidelines and the pay band will generally be based years of experience and scope of work