About the role :
As a principal engineer, you will be responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company’s Monitoring and Alarm tools and Automation testing systems. Work closely with technical operations staff on system design and configuration. Advanced technical and design skills. Collaborates with the design teams and advises team leaders in an Agile environment.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Assigned complex and critical projects that involve several technical systems and constituents.
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Gather and Understand requirements, design and code development, Tests and reviews system designs.
- Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to regional personnel and ensure all technical
- integration, changes, standards and documentation are met.
- Mentors and guides the work of senior technical staff.
- Reviews work plans and designs and advises on improvements.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
Candidate requirements :
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to design and write code in Python, Java, React, Angular, Json Grafana, with knowledge of Postman and API scripts
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Advanced knowledge of webdesign, Code development and review processes, as well as industry
- specific knowledge on automation testing and testing standards
- Advanced knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Advanced project management skills and communication skills across multiple teams and product owners
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations.
- Advanced knowledge of network devices and basic network appliances
- Advanced knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field or related work experience
- Engineering work experience – 10-15
- Project management work experience – 10-15
Preferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of company products and services
Performance Engineering and Cloud optimzation