About the role :
Are you mechanically savvy and motivated to join Suncor as a Process Operator? If you are passionate about safety, building positive relationships, and working within a strong team environment, then we have the role for you!
Working at our Montréal refinery has a lot of perks. You get to use your technical skills and knowledge to safely and reliably maintain the operation of processes to optimize production in an environmentally responsible manner. You will also get to be a part of a team of highly motivated professionals, supporting our 137,000-barrel-per-day refinery that produces gasoline, distillates, asphalts, heavy fuel oil, petrochemicals, solvents and feedstock for lubricants.
- Conduct quality-control rounds and sampling at regular intervals with a critical eye for the operational process and equipment in use
- Monitor the status of current maintenance work regularly and perform light maintenance
- Participate in unit shutdowns
- Respond to emergencies and/or upset conditions in the units following established procedures
- Participate in firefighting training and become a member of the firefighting team on shifts
- Start up and shut down the equipment and and operate the Control Board
Candidate requirements :
- Five years of relevant work experience in chemical processes and/or a DEC or AEC (diploma or attestation of college studies) in chemical process techniques or the equivalent
- A Class 4 (or higher) static-equipment mechanic’s qualification card/certificate
- A valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
- A High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Strong proven troubleshooting skills and the ability to make timely decisions
- The ability to collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value