About the role :
Joining Suncor means you will work for one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people thrive and lead. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise.
Are you highly motivated and mechanically savvy? If you take pride in safety and want to learn new things, then we have a role for you! You will report to the Team Lead Operations and will be a committed member of an operating crew that safely monitors all processes and equipment within the assigned process unit at our Edmonton refinery.
- Learn all operating units within the assigned area of the facility and progress in increasing levels of responsibility at the site including board operations and outside posts
- Respond to emergencies, ensuring that established procedures are followed
- Perform plant operation duties for smooth and efficient operations and ensure strong communication and collaboration exists between shift changes
- Perform routine operating tasks such as product sampling and monitoring of levels, temperatures and pressures
- Monitor the operating area for abnormal mechanical or process-related conditions; basic troubleshooting and assist in the preparation of equipment for maintenance
- Maintain housekeeping at high level to ensure a safe work environment duties
Candidate requirements :
- Experience within the Oil and Gas industry
- Proven mechanical aptitude to allow hands-on operation of plant equipment, including pumps, compressors, and heaters
- Working knowledge of workplace hazardous materials information systems (WHMIS) and occupational health and safety (OH&S) regulations
- A High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- A Chemical Engineering technology diploma or equivalent qualification and/or work experi