About The Role:
Would you like to be a part of the company that wherever you are in the world, you’re never far from one of vans, trucks, warehouses, scooters, planes, boats or your colleagues? At Deutsche Post DHL, we connect people, improving their lives across 220 countries worldwide and offer unparalleled expertise in logistics solutions as well as international mail services. In our Purchasing Department we are responsible for processing of purchase orders and we ensure that business purchasing needs are fulfilled through a high level of automation. Would you like to contribute on this?
- Processing purchase request, ensuring mandatory information is included.
- Actively drive the use of procurement catalogues.
- Daily support and process the requirements/orders in the ordering system (e-tool).
- Communication with business requestors, ensuring request is properly specified and documented.
- Searching for new suppliers and communication with existing suppliers.
- Matching purchase requests with existing contracts and preferred vendors.
- Ask for competitive bids (according the purchase policy) for requested goods/services (without a framework contract) and analyze them based on price quotations, quality, delivery terms and specifications.
- Negotiate small value contracts if applicable.
- Maintain good relationship with suppliers and internal Business Partners and solve day-to-day problems.
- Generate required reporting, analyze reports and identify catalog improvements.
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of experience in customer services, procurement or in similar role.
- Excellent verbal and written English and Italian language skills.
- Spanish, Portuguese, French or Dutch would be consider as an advantage.
- Fully computer literate, with a solid knowledge of MS Excel, MS Power Point.
- Enjoy communication and interaction with people.
- Enjoy working with data and detail orientation.