About the role :
the Product Manager Responsible for operating in lock-step with product management to create a clear strategic direction for build needs for a products in your teams portfolio. You will work with the team and deliver a clear and descriptive set of requirements to enable the delivery of a products features and functionality. Your priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of stakeholders: Product Managers, Technical Anchors, Service Owners and Developers.
• Execute on the Finance Data strategy for Gas Power FP&A. Develop data definitions and models across the different applications. Partner with the Finance HQ, Operations and Regional teams to define the master data governance & operating model within Finance. Demonstrates excelling business acumen, knows latest industry trends and is looked at as an internal expert on the product as well as the associated competitive landscape.
• Interacts with customers/stakeholders in VOC requirements-gathering, fine tuning, and obtaining product feedback.
• Works with cross-functional teams to deliver features and significant products.
• Possesses a deep understanding of the technology stack and impact on final product.
• Routinely collaborates with UX in design decisions. Conducts customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborates on personas.
• Demonstrate superior persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering teams.
• Owns the releases and sprint backlogs short-term roadmap for MVPs and quarterly releases.
• Owns and manages the backlog; continuously orders and prioritizes to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready.
• Prioritizes continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs.
• Demonstrates strategic level skills in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity.
• Engages frequently (50% of the time) with the development team; facilitates discussions, provides clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions.
• Translates unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work unit.
• Partners with Development Leadership/Service Owners to ensure healthy development process.
• Mentors junior team members.
• Expert in Agile Methodology.
Candidate requirements :
- 5+ years of business experience leading analyses and initiatives with track record of business impact.
- Minimum 6 years total business experience
- Strong knowledge of analytics tools and languages (Tableau, Greenplum, Aurora, Talend, Dodeca, Postgres etc) to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur
- Industrial sector experience preferred
- Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field, or an equivalent com
• Strong knowledge of software design and coding principles
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Familiarity with versatile implementation options