Requisition ID: 147560
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Cherne District
Department: Project Controls Scheduling
Employment Type: Full Time
Position OverviewAs a Project Controls Specialist, you will be responsible for all aspects of project operational and financial/quantity reporting including cost/quantity analysis and day-to-day interface with project management.
District OverviewCherne Contracting is one of Kiewit’s oldest districts. Founded in 1916. Cherne is a valuable part of Kiewit and is well known for safety and quality of execution in amazing projects within the oil, gas and chemical sectors. Alone and with other Kiewit districts through internal joint ventures, Cherne not only provides challenges but the stability and career development opportunities expected in a world-class multi-billion-dollar organization.
LocationThis position is preferably based out of our Bloomington, MN office.
Responsibilities• Must be able to articulate and summarize information and results to project management.
• Accountable for budgeted, actual, and forecasted – quantity, man-hours and dollars
• Maintain records as required regarding job progress, costs and tracking of change orders.
• Responsible for client billing.
• Perform other duties as required by leadership.
• Implement established Kiewit procedures
• Monitor project KPIs (earned value analysis)
• Collaborate with project management to build relationships and establish effective controls
• Assist with the development of any necessary SOPs for project controls
• Represent Kiewit Project Controls in project meetings – trainings, presentations, overviews
• Coordination with Estimating and Business Management to support transition from proposal to execution
• Make data-driven decisions
• General understanding of project schedule
• Identify and understand key components in project contracts that impact project controls processes
• Maintain past cost integrity
• Coordinate with project team schedulers to understand impacts to integrated project master schedule including baseline schedule development, review, and validation by project team
• Contribute to the project planning system, ensuring that project controls data is appropriate for tracking and executing the project
• Ensure that the project’s priorities/issues/opportunities are clearly communicated to project management
• Implement the progress measurement and productivity reporting systems in accordance with established procedures – weekly and monthly
• Participate in project management meetings and provide inputs/recommendations for the timely completion of the project
• Participate and assist in the development and implementation of Project Controls functional initiatives
• Develop, publish, and analyze project reports weekly
• Analyze project controls data to assist project manager in directing project activities. Assist in the tracking of project change orders and development of projections.
Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Engineering, Construction Management or related field
• Minimum of 3 years of proven experience in the engineering or construction Industry, particularly within project controls
• Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and presentation communications skills
• Proficient with the Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to summarize information and communicate results to project management
• Ability to build relationships and communicate across matrix organizations
• Candidates must also be able and willing to travel for business needs
• Working knowledge of standard cost control methods utilized in the execution of various types of project (EPC, Joint Venture, Lump Sum, Time and Material, Maintenance)
• Knowledgeable regarding project management principles
• High degree of confidentiality and integrity with sensitive information
• Comfortable calling and managing a meeting, and making decisions with regards to project budget, actuals, forecast and schedule
• The ability to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.