About the role :
The Project Engineer manages all aspects of assigned projects including project scope, estimate, schedule, engineering design, equipment and material selection, project bidding, contractor selection, construction oversight, management of change, safety and environmental oversight and any other project tasks necessary to complete a successful project.
- Manage multiple projects of varying magnitude and complexity from conception to start-up following the Marathon Project Management Process (MPMP).
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of pipeline and terminal facility and mainline equipment and apply it to project design and execution.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge and ability to apply engineering standards and regulatory requirements to project design and execution.
- Collaborate with other departments, subject matter experts, technicians, and vendors to obtain pertinent information to complete the planning, design, and execution of proposed projects as well as working closely with internal and external stakeholders to obtain construction permits and easements when necessary.
- Manage project performance to ensure project meets agreed quality, cost and schedule parameters in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Collaborate with Project Controls Specialist on project administration (scheduling, estimating, cost management, etc.).
- Coordinate with Supply Chain in the development of a contracting plan; prepare bid requests and evaluate bids based on sound engineering and business principles.
- Keep accurate project documentation to ensure all documentation necessary for DOT compliance is maintained and managed.
- Must have or be able to obtain a TWIC.
Candidate requirements :
- Required Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a four-year accredited college or university. Civil, Mechanical, or similar are preferred.
- Work Environment: travel to field locations or fabrication sites will be required; therefore, a valid driver’s license is required.
- Communication Skills: Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of individuals/employees.