About the role :
Cenovus is currently looking for a Project Engineer based in Calgary
Reporting to the Director, Offsites Projects, the successful candidate has the primary responsibility for execution of Capital Projects from scoping to detailed design, construction, and startup in accordance with Cenovus’s project execution work process.
The role of the Project Engineer is to deliver projects safely, on budget, on schedule with high quality.
- Accountable for Project budgets, schedule, quality and safety performance.
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects with competing priorities in various execution phases.
- Develop project scope in collaboration with Business, Reservoir Management, Operations, Process Engineering and discipline representatives.
- Manage Engineering and Procurement activities using third party external Engineering Companies.
- Work with Project Controls to develop project cost estimates, forecast costs and manage project budgets.
- Work closely with Supply Chain Management to develop contracting strategy Plan, bid, evaluate and award engineering, fabrication and construction contracts.
- Work with environmental and regulatory teams to ensure permitting compliance.
- Work closely with integrated Construction and Commissioning Teams to develop construction & commissioning execution plans.
- Provide technical support to Construction Team, contractors and EP.
- Provide complex problem solving to project execution issues.
- Manage well pad facility projects, above ground pipeline projects and underground pipeline projects
- Accountable to manage projects with budgets from $5MM to $100MM.
- Travel to multiple sites to support construction activities.
Candidate requirements :
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience working on SAGD Facility Projects, Above Ground Pipeline Projects, SAGD Well Pad Facility Projects or Oil & Gas Facility Projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a Technologist’s Diploma.
- APEGA or APEGS professional designation or must be eligible for registration.
- ASET & SASTT designation or must be eligible for registration.
- Extensive knowledge and familiarity with applicable ASME and CSA codes and standards for design, fabrication and construction of Oil & Gas Facilities or Pipeline Projects.
- Project Management Experience
- Good understanding of project controls systems and tools.
- Well-developed leadership, personal relations and communications skills.
- Ability to foster collaborative work environment and relationships.