About The Role:
The Planner’s focus is to manage project schedules in adherence to the necessary project planning standards, systems and procedures for the wind offshore team. This role will look to support RWE activities throughout Spain, Italy and Greece to develop and construct Offshore Wind farms as part of the Southern Europe development pipeline.
- Ensuring that own work is carried out in adherence to the existing scheduling standards and processes that are established to support the development and construction of wind offshore projects.
- Undertaking the scenario planning to support project optimisation.
- Developing blueprint work, break down structures and project master schedules for the wind offshore team.
- Providing project planning (scheduling) support to the project teams.
- Manage the project schedules in accordance with the project work breakdown structure; ensure that project schedules are developed and updated.
- Assuring that project plans are regularly updated and within levels of certainty to allow effective monitoring, forecasting and control.
- Ensuring that project schedules conforms to the Change Control Process, in terms of liaison, communication and calculation of change notes and change orders.
- Ensure that standard Project Planning requirements are met, understood and embedded from both Contractor and Sub-Contractors into the client’s systems.
- Producing planning reports for input into the monthly reporting process.
- Carrying out risk analysis, weather downtime analysis and delay mitigation analysis.
- Creating and maintaining What-If scenarios as required.
- Experience in planning elements of a large construction projects (such as offshore wind, power, oil and gas companies or general engineering consultancies) in multi-discipline teams.
- Experience in working in a team of planners.
- Extensive knowledge of the software tools Primavera (V7 or later) and MS Project.
- Experience in running Quantitative Risk Assessment with Oracle Primavera Risk Assessment software.
- Proactive and self-driven approach with good interpersonal skills.
- Experience in contributing planning detail to reports in a clear and concise manner which can then be understood and utilised by the project teams.
- Fluent English (oral and writing).