Requisition ID: 147759
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Cherne District
Department: Project Controls Scheduling
Employment Type: Full Time
Position OverviewAs a Project Scheduler, you’ll play a key role in planning and scheduling activities on a variety of Energy projects. This hands-on role will give you the opportunity to directly impact the scheduling outcome over a broad range of projects in various stages of development and progress. By analyzing, monitoring, and maintaining the project’s progress, you’ll prepare and analyze reports, develop alternative solutions, and drive successful project completion.
District OverviewCherne Contracting is one of Kiewit’s oldest districts. Founded in 1916. Cherne is a valuable part of Kiewit and is well known for safety and quality of execution in amazing projects within the oil, gas and chemical sectors. Alone and with other Kiewit districts through internal joint ventures, Cherne not only provides challenges but the stability and career development opportunities expected in a world-class multi-billion dollar organization.
LocationThis position will be based out of our Minneapolis, MN office.
Responsibilities• Work closely with project managers, engineers, designers, procurement staff, construction managers, contractors, and other project services staff to provide detailed planning and scheduling of projects from conceptual planning through engineering and construction.
• Develop and maintain resource loaded schedules, including lists of activities, major milestones, critical approvals, long lead procurement items, and other critical project deliverables to be scheduled and tracked for the projects.
• Develop schedule logic and realistic activity durations
• Analyze available manpower and resources, commodity charts, trends, schedule variations, schedule performance, and schedule forecast.
• Assess the impact(s) of design changes and schedule slippages and inform company management and clients of all schedule updates.
• Apply vast knowledge of engineering, procurement, and construction terminology and concepts to develop and maintain critic path logic networks; accumulate and access historical data for use in maintaining realistic future planning and forecasting.
• Provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult project control problems. May interface with clients, attend regular meetings
• Provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult project control problems. May interface with clients, attend regular meetings and give statistical reports
Qualifications• Candidates must also be able and willing to travel/relocate based for business needs
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or technical training and related experience
• 2+ years’ construction scheduling experience, ideally within the OGC industry
• Advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes and standards, and an in-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units
• Working knowledge of standard cost control methods utilized in the execution of various types of project (EPC, Joint Venture, Lump Sum, time and Material, Maintenance)
• Proficiency in various project controls software such as Excel, Primavera (P6), and other company-specific software
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Attention To Detail