Requisition ID: 144659
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
Position OverviewCherne is looking to hire multiple Superintendents in the Mechanical, Piping, & Electrical disciplines. As an Project Superintendent, you will be a field construction leader in a union craft construction environment. By managing productive relationships with union craft Foremen/General Foremen as well as with other discipline Superintendents, Cherne staff and management and client representatives you’ll bring the best of Cherne to the forefront. Safety and quality construction will be your key drivers. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry and not design.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
District OverviewCherne Contracting is one of Kiewit’s oldest districts. Founded in 1916. Cherne is a valuable part of Kiewit and is well known for safety and quality of execution in amazing projects within the oil, gas and chemical sectors. Alone and with other Kiewit districts through internal joint ventures, Cherne not only provides challenges but the stability and career development opportunities expected in a world-class multi-billion dollar organization.
LocationOne of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
Responsibilities• Manage and direct project teams by providing communication, coordination and follow-up to meet project goals and objectives; ensure project scope or work, schedule and budget are clearly defined and understood.
• Manage and oversee the output from the engineering, constructability, procurement, construction and commissioning teams from detail design through commission and start up.
• Establish project procedures consistent with contractual documents and quality plans for all engineering work; determine and oversee all project controls, schedules and budgets.
• Serve as project representative with client, constructor, subcontractors, and vendors at kick-off meetings, job walks, project review, and other meetings and correspondence.
• Coordinate training and compliance measures to ensure project procedures are followed.
• Identify and secure necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and/or schedule.
• Maintain ongoing communication with client, making adjustments as necessary to comply with client needs within contractual obligations, or adjust project deliverables to meet client and Kiewit needs.
• Ensure all work products are consistent with industry standards and in accordance with good engineering practice and applicable codes, and in compliance with all pertinent legal codes and requirements.
• Provide ongoing training and mentoring to entry and midlevel engineers to promote employee development.
• Utilize extensive knowledge of basic engineering fundamentals and practices to track and budget progress with project milestones.
Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree in engineering in any discipline from a four-year college or university (desired)
• At least 10+ years’ related construction experience, specifically in the Oil, Gas, & Chemical industry.
• At least 5+ years’ experience with direct project oversight on EPC related projects where the work was self-performed by your current employer at the time.
• Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
• Professional Engineer License (desirable).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Coaching And Mentoring