About the role :
We’re looking for a Relationship Director to support high value clients across Manufacturing and trading businesses within the SME portfolio with all their financial requirements including lending and deposits plus a range of other products and services. The portfolio consists of around 65 groups, with a significant emphasis on Manufacturing clients.
- Handling and developing high profile client relationships, putting the client at the heart of what you do, adding customer value at every interaction and becoming a “trusted advisor”
- Identifying and evaluating complex expertise-led solutions against a range of criteria to find the ones that best meet business needs
- Establishing relationships with Group Partner companies and through them bringing the whole Bank to the client, delivering products to meet their needs
- Handling the ‘Risk’ side of your client portfolio including supporting clients with developing ESG strategies and supporting their journey to Net Zero.
- Mentoring & stretching the development of others in the team, whilst also investing in opportunities for your own personal development
Candidate requirements :
- Strong communication skills with experience in building, creating and maintaining relationships with clients and influential external partners.
- Proven credit experience – skilled at evaluating propositions and using that experience to make confident and effective commercial recommendations to the Credit team.
- Strong financial and numerical skills
- Detailed understanding of legal documentation, together with the ability to effectively negotiate legal and commercial terms.
- Understanding and appreciation of the different types of risk in a lending environment and how to minimise such Risk
- Leadership skills – able to nurture, coach and motivate team members in order to ensure that team performance is maximised.