About The Role:
The Analyst is responsible for gathering and analyzing industry, competitor, and internal business data. The position provides strategic analytical support in a project driven environment within the designated growth areas of the Direct Business supporting the ARCO, ampm, Shell, and Mobil brands to deliver an optimal retail network for MPC.
- Provides both financial and market analysis, volume projections and performs discounted cash flow analysis for Retail Marketing’s site growth investments including but not limited to: New-to-Industry, Rebrands, Raze and Rebuilds, Forecourt or backcourt conversions, and Renewals.
- Applies analysis of regional areas to selected sites and assists in determining most efficient usage for proposed site(s). This may be on optimizing existing, or expansion of the asset base. Maintains existing asset data base for all ARCO retail locations.
- Analyzes new branding and retention incentives being offered by MPC. Annual incentive budget will range from $40-50MM annually (varies by area & brand).
- Assists in the preparation of development proposals for management approval for individual sites to large strategic acquisitions of multiple locations. Presents and understands necessary returns on investment and attributes of a strong asset/site.
- Collects and provides information on competitive activity and regional knowledge for the designated areas of operation.
- Assists the Franchise Recruiter with delivery of their annual sales targets for signed agreements and new store openings.
- Prepares reports, forecasts, and analysis necessary to manage the assigned growth areas.
- Attends relevant trade shows. Builds cooperative relationships with key stakeholders (e.g., Field Management and Operations, Marketing Services).
- Participates in field rides to maintain knowledge of marketing areas.
- Handles special projects at Management’s directive.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Finance required.
- 4 years of petroleum marketing, network planning, or business development required.