Login to bookmark
About The Role:
We’re on the hunt for a top-tier RF/Antenna Intern. Your focus will be on assisting RF hardware development and test, specifically hardware related to both our space-based communications payloads as well as ground-based assets. We are looking for exceptional candidates with the below experience along with any unique abilities that could be used to augment our small but strong RF team.
- Assist more senior engineers in all activities related to RF/Antenna design, manufacture and test for spacecraft, ground terminals and test infrastructure.
- Assist in the design of new RF hardware by performing component selection, schematic capture, layout and fabrication as well as design reviews.
- Perform performance and acceptance testing for RF transceivers, frontends, and antennas using equipment such as VNAs, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators and antenna range systems (far-field and near-field).
- Write software to control test equipment or hardware under test in languages such as Python/C.
- Build infrastructure to assist in the testing of RF hardware.
- Simulate and model RF systems and structures for new designs and test setups.
- Currently enrolled in an Engineering, Physics or similar degree program.
- Experience in hardware design outside of class projects, particularly related to RF and/or Antennas. Experience on cubesat teams is a strong plus.
- Experience with circuit design/layout tools such as Altium/Eagle/KiCad.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python and C++, particularly as it relates to controlling hardware or modeling RF systems.
- Experience with a commercial RF designs tools such as ADS/MWO, CST/HFSS is a plus.
- Understanding of basic RF concepts such as: impedance matching, Smith chart, network analysis, active and passive microwave components and systems (mixers, amplifiers, transistors at RF frequencies) and their figures of merit (P1dB, Psat, IIP3, noise figure, etc.), RF filter design, antenna figures of merit.
- Some experience with RF test equipment such as VNAs, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, or antenna test systems (far-field/near-field).