About the role :
We are seeking a Risk Analyst for our Loss Mitigation Strategy and Analytics team. This is a key role with significant and broad responsibilities and will be a member of a 3-4 person team with substantial opportunity for future growth within the company in concert with driving business expansion. As a team-member responsible for developing recovery strategies that balance growth, risk and profitability, you will be a key thought leader on all collections strategies and decisions and have significant input into all loss mitigation decisions and delinquency performance.
- Develop best-in-class loss mitigation products that provide our consumers with solutions to their current financial situations while minimizing portfolio risk. Maintain transparent communication and trust with all key stakeholders.
- Continuously challenge and enhance loss mitigation policies and scorecards through analysis of customer behavior data and sophisticated statistical and financial modeling.
- Maintain a rigorous performance monitoring framework and associated management dashboards that readily highlight areas of confidence and areas in need of further evaluation for resolution of concerns or exploitation of opportunities.
- Establish a robust infrastructure and plans that prudently test and learn loss mitigation and collections strategies. Similarly enable efficient diagnosis of root cause for variance from performance expectations.
- Develop and maintain a robust economic framework that will serve as the foundation for business decision-making.
- Ensure loss mitigation policy remains compliant with all applicable laws and regulations.
Candidate requirements :
- 2-4 years of experince in the unsecured credit space including credit cards or installment lending at a sophisticated issuer of unsecured revolving and term loans
- Familiarity with loss mitigation and collections strategies, loss forecasting, and collections KPI’s
- Familiarity with statistical modeling and forecasting, portfolio P&L simulation, vintage profitability tracking and marginal expansion strategies.
- 1+ years of experience in SQL and/or Python querying
- Strong communication and presentation skills, leadership skills, a high level of initiative, intellectual curiosity and creativity, and a robust understanding of the consumer lending business that includes the various facets of a specialty lending operation
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline is required, advanced degree is preferred