Rotating Mechanical EngineerFull Time
Login to bookmark
About The Role:
As the Engineer, Mechanical Rotating Equipment, IND TSS you will develop plans and specifications, performs analysis, and provides reports on assigned tasks involving design and construction of new facilities or operation and maintenance of existing facilities.
- Mechanical engineer (Rotating) is responsible for project execution covering all Engineering phases from CFT development, Tendering, execution, basic engineering, detailed engineering, construction, installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up.
- Lead specification development, technical bidding and vendor document evaluation of rotating machines for Industrial EPC Projects.
- Provide strong leadership to drive mechanical technical design and project coordination.
- Prepare procurement strategy as well as participate in tendering processes to obtain the most appropriate contractors of responsible package. The work includes review bidder lists, perform pre-qualification evaluation, prepare document related to tender process, review, and make recommendation regarding contractor’s overall plan and specification, and liaise with procurement, logistics team regarding material/equipment purchase, transportation, delivery, courier etc.
- Review, comment, and approve contractor’s design and engineering work. Handle and resolve any design and engineering issues arise including engineering cost estimation and problem analysis.
- Be representative in technical meeting for facility engineering part to provide advice/ recommendation in own expertise including to any technical review sessions e.g. HAZID, HAZOP, PTR, etc. as a mechanical rotating focal point.
- Well understanding in rotating machine design and be able to provide technical advice for vibration problem, rotor dynamic, tortional analysis, balance of plant, dynamic simulation, surge control system, performance curve, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineer or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in mechanical systems and equipment (rotating).
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in rotating equipment experience for Oil and Gas industry.
- Experience working with various types of pumps, mechanical seal systems, API seal plan, air cooler, generator, gas engine, various types of compressors and turbomachinery.
- Able to travel to the field if there is any short business mission i.e. Desert camp, CPF site.