About the role:
The Engineer will sit in an Electrical System & Project Engineering team, part of the Engineering function within RWE Renewables’ Offshore Wind business. The Engineer will support the Project’s Engineering and Package Managers
- Working initially in the pre-consenting phase, the Engineer will be responsible for ensuring a robust through-life design of the project’s electrical system supporting all aspects of the HV generation and transmission system up to the Grid Interface Point.
- Helping to define the consent envelope to ensure an economic project delivery
- Liaison with the TSO to secure an appropriate grid connection for the project(s)
- Support the definition of the main electrical system design for the project, covering all aspects of the onshore and offshore HV system
- Development of specifications, subsequent TQ clarifications and ensuring specification compliance with selected consultants and contractors
- A strong focus on interface topics, for example on the onshore substation and offshore platform(s)
- A strong focus on safety through design and through life performance of the assets.
- Close liaison with technical experts within the Offshore Engineering department and Electrical Engineers working on similar projects elsewhere in the world to ensure their knowledge is effectively utilized on the project(s).
- University degree or comparable graduate education ideally in electrical power engineering
- Fluent English speaking and writing
- Experience in project engineering of offshore wind or similar renewable energy industry projects
- Experience of the grid connection process in Sweden, Denmark or Norway and dealing with TSOs
- Knowledge of electrical plant including large power transformers, switchgear, onshore transmission substations, static and dynamic reactive power compensation solutions, MV/LV auxiliary systems and cables
- Excellent communication, coordination and leadership skills, highly motivated, confident and resourceful
- Valid driving license and good driving record