About the role :
the senior fuels tester Sets up, adjusts and operates laboratory equipment. .
- Performs physical and chemical tests, safely and according to established procedures
- Follows written or verbal procedures, and instructions.
- Checks results against established specifications to Company needs.
- Participates in the Company Lab QA/QC program to determine consistency and accuracy of lab test procedures and techniques.
- Refers to tables and uses formulas to compute physical and chemical properties.
- Records and checks all data, calculations and results for accuracy in standard lab format.
- Reports irregularities in any analysis or result to appropriate personnel.
- Handles samples and chemicals safely and according to the Company Lab Procedure.
- Cleans lab equipment and work areas to assure the accurate, safe, and efficient functioning of the laboratory.
Candidate requirements :
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- College level algebra, or equivalent, and two semester courses of college level chemistry required.
- Petroleum laboratory experience preferred.
- Ability to learn and progress through the prepared Laboratory Training Program required.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Excellent PC skills preferred.
- Knowledge of ASTM, UOP, and other standard Laboratory testing methods preferred.
- Excellent oral communications skills to effectively interact with personnel required.