Senior Instrumentation EngineerFull Time
Login to bookmark
About The Role:
The Senior Instrumentation Reliability Engineer leads the reliability reviews and improvement recommendations for instrumentation and controls systems in the LRC and provides leadership and technical support for instrumentation systems throughout the refinery. This position leads the effort in reliability engineering for instrumentation and control systems to improve availability, reduce maintenance costs, increase MTBF, increase equipment on-line performance, and provide, develop and lead reliability analysis and programs.
- Manage capital and maintenance reliability projects, as well as support other engineers’ instrumentation project needs, providing technical expertise on refinery instrumentation specifications and deviations.
- Responsible for developing solutions to complex problems which require ingenuity and creativity.
- Provide instrumentation technical support to others throughout the refinery as needed.
- Provide leadership and decision-making skills during turnarounds and unplanned equipment outages regarding repair solutions.
- Lead the Instrumentation Reliability Engineers with improving instrumentation reliability performance, identifying improvements on instrument design and implementations.
- Ensure timely training of appropriate personnel regarding improvements/changes to instrumentation system(s) to certify safe and successful implementation.
- Ensure timely updating of associated documentation.
- Perform technical and economic analyses to justify improvements and recommend priorities.
- Assist area maintenance supervisors to improve unit reliabilities through maintenance work.
- Supervise and interact with hourly instrument/analyzer shop employees as needed, as well as vendors and contractors, providing direction, support and feedback as necessary to accomplish departmental and company goals and objectives.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Maintain an efficient and safe work environment, following all safety policies and guidelines as established by Husky Energy and the LRC.
- Actively participate in monthly Safety Meetings.
- Support the Refinery Process Safety Management (PSM) program including Process Safety.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical or Instrumentation)
- A minimum of ten years of relevant instrumentation or controls experience.
- Working knowledge of ISA Standards including ISA 84 (process safety standard)
- A minimum of ten years of applicable experience in the petroleum industry, preferably in oil and gas operations.
- Experience with instrumentation and controls equipment selection and design for petroleum industry applications.
- Good PC Skills and proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrated familiarity with design and installation of field instrumentation, ability to develop and understand loop drawings.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills