About the role :
Cenovus Energy is currently looking for a Senior Maintenance Engineer to provide technical support for the ongoing asset care of Cenovus’ Lloydminster Downstream Business Units. The role includes continuous improvement of process reliability by ensuring the mechanical integrity of stationary equipment including by not limited to, tanks, pressure vessels, boilers, piping, furnaces, exchangers, etc. There is a strong focus on ensuring maintenance activities and programs are effective.
- Provide technical support for the mechanical maintenance of the Lloydminster Upgrader, Refinery and Ethanol Plant business units.
- Trouble-shoot equipment performance issues, mechanical problems and equipment failures using Analytical Trouble Shooting (ATS) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) methodologies.
- Develop technical specifications for maintenance repairs and replacements involving stationary equipment.
- Provide technical support for capital improvement projects and equipment upgrades involving stationary equipment.
- Recommend preventive maintenance strategies to ensure the reliability of critical plant equipment.
- Support the Asset Integrity team by performing stationary equipment fitness for service assessments and development of repair strategies.
Candidate requirements :
- Minimum 15 years of experience in a reliability or maintenance engineering role involving stationary equipment.
- Minimum 15 years of experience working in a refinery, upgrader, petrochemical, sour gas processing or other heavy industry process facility.
- Extensive knowledge and familiarity with applicable stationary equipment codes and standards for design, inspection, and repairs.
- Extensive knowledge and familiarity with welding, weld procedures, and heat treatment.
- Extensive knowledge and familiarity with common materials utilized for stationary equipment in Upgrader and/or Refinery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a Technologist’s Diploma.
- APEGA or APEGS professional designation or must be eligible for registration.
- ASET & SASTT designation or must be eligible for registration.
- As this position requires the operation of a motor vehicle, applicants are asked to provide a recent (i.e., issued within the previous 4 weeks) original driver’s abstract for the preceding 3-year period when appearing for an interview.
- Proficient user of MS Office and SAP.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with others.
- Strong problem solving, learning and critical thinking abilities.