About the role :
Verizon Global Network and Technology group is looking for a Senior Manager of Cloud Engineering & Automation to help shape and deliver on a strategy to enable broad use of public cloud core services across multiple public cloud solutions, integrated into existing Verizon business processes, and tools to provide public cloud capabilities to internal users. You will be responsible for:
- Owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific software development and implementation projects.
- Delivering defined architectures.
- Developing a deep expertise in cloud technologies and the intersecting Verizon business processes, as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using public cloud platforms.
- Establishing the strategic vision for- and building solutions to- help simplify the public cloud experience at Verizon.
- Managing end-to -end planning and coordination of a cross functional, full-stack (DevOps) team responsible for developing the front-door to Verizon Public Cloud for internal consumption by Verizon development and operations teams.
- Workload planning, team development and performance management,
- Supporting process definition, cloud testing processes, and cloud hardware and software implementation.
- Providing suggestions and feedback regarding the overall cloud solution (existing and next-generation) including technology selected, processes implemented, and methods for deploying this infrastructure.
Candidate requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Information systems experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience leading Technical teams.
- Software development management experience (Java, Spring, React.JS).