About the role:
The Structured Capital Markets (SCM) team originates, structures, arranges and assists in the distribution of securitisation transactions for ANZ’s Institutional and Corporate clients. The SCM team works closely with external clients and ANZ Relationship Managers to provide structured secured funding backed by a range of assets.
- The origination and execution of warehouse and term ABS transactions for residential mortgages, auto and equipment receivables and trade receivable transactions in Australia and New Zealand;
- Quantitative skills to ensure transactions are modelled in accordance with facility terms, quantitative analysis of collateral pools, cashflow modelling of prospective transactions in accordance with rating agency criteria;
- Identification and design of new product and existing product innovation to expand SCM existing capabilities;
- Identification of target clients aligned to SCM’s business writing strategy;
- Creation of tailored pitch books for current and prospective issuers;
- Strengthening client relationships through (i) the delivery of superior customer coverage for all facets of their securitisation funding requirements (ii) superior execution skills with minimal supervision and (iii) establishing strong network of key stakeholder contacts;
- Maintaining and monitoring of securitisation facilities, ensuring compliance with facility terms, conditions and credit approvals;
- Ensuring all transaction risks have been assessed and mitigants established in accordance with Securitisation Policies and Procedures;
- Formulating and co-ordinating credit submissions for securitisation facilities (including warehouse funding facilities, derivatives and other supporting facilities) in a timely manner, consulting necessary stakeholders through the submission process;
- Collaborating with SCM middle office team to ensure all client activity is understood and monitored appropriately;
- Assisting Markets Sales teams in the distribution of securitisation transactions to capital markets investors via (i) co-ordinating marketing materials for transactions (ii) strong collaboration with Syndicate & Sales (iii) responding to Investors Q&A regarding deal structures during the distribution phase.
- A history of strong relationship and client management skills
- A proven track record in structured deal origination and execution
- Securitisation modelling skills to reflect transaction structure including cashflow modelling, qualitative analysis of collateral pools, understanding of rating agency rating methodology.
- A strong level of transactional and credit risk expertise in the Australian securitisation market with a particular focus on residential mortgages, auto & equipment receivables and trade receivables.
- A solid understanding of securitisation derivatives (including interest rate and cross currency swaps)
- A deep understanding of structured finance techniques, securitisation rating agency criteria and debt capital markets distribution strategies.
- A deep understanding of accounting principles and credit risk assessment fundamentals.
- A strong understanding of banking and securitisation regulations which impact ANZ’s ability to deliver SCM objectives.
- Good organiser including competent time management skills and ability to work across multiple transactions and deal teams concurrently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Accounting, legal or business-related tertiary qualifications.
- Ability to fully comply with ANZ Values, Code of Conduct and all relevant ANZ policies