Senior ManagerFull Time
Login to bookmark
About The Role:
The Senior Manager, Infrastructure Projects will report directly to the Director, Workplace & Real Estate. This role will be accountable for directing project-based contractors to execute projects (up to $100M). Contractors include front line supervisor, construction manager, manufacturing quality assurance, and project coordinator.
- Responsible to plan and execute all non-process infrastructure projects across Canada and US in Workplace, Field Accommodations and Transportation and Real Estate.
- Develop execution processes and procedures for Workplace and Real Estate as a part of the leadership team.
- Responsible for the delivery of safe projects, on budget, on scheduled, with high quality.
- Annual portfolio budget in a range of approx. $20MM
- Identify yearly budgets, resource planning (construction), evaluate early concepts for viability and alignment to various asset plans
- Develop and manage Health and Safety vision; implements “Zero Incident” vision on projects
- Partner with Workplace and Field Accommodations to set design requirements, architectural standards, etc. and translate to scope for architects and engineering design contractors
- Coordinate and manage deliverables in multiple projects
- Develop and ensure adherence to Workplace and Real Estates Stage Gates
- Lead the execution program management team
- Be responsible for the outcome of the project
- Define key deliverables/timing needed to achieve project objectives.
- Ensure all aspects of projects workflows are communicated, understood and followed by relevant project participants and stakeholders
- Work closely with Supply Chain Management to develop contracting strategy plans, issue buds, evaluate and award engineering, procurement and construction contracts
- Lead development of the project’s overall contracting and procurement strategy.
- Partners with Major Projects, Field Engineering Projects, Non-Process Infrastructure Oil Sands team to identify and resolve key issues
- Develop detailed project execution plans including HSE (health, safety, and Environment), engineering, construction, commissioning.
- Continually identify cost and schedule reduction initiatives in all aspects of project execution for Cenovus projects.
- Licensed Professional Engineer registered with APEA
- 15+ years of field project execution including construction management
- Knowledge and familiarity with codes and standards
- Possess four to six years of experience in a Supervisory or Management role.
- Successful completion of Quality education leading to an advanced Quality designation
- Class 5 Drivers license or equivalent.
- Possess and maintain a safe driving record.
- Able to coordinate and maintain an applied program for manufacturing quality assurance.
- Write clear and concise reports.
- Strong communication, organizational, time-management and decision-making skills.
- Work independently and/or function in a team environment, concentrating on team goals and objectives.