About the role :
the Senior Packaging Technologist Working as part of a cross functional team, you lead RDQ activities to complete packaging design and packaging deployment for innovation/growth projects and productivity projects across multiple geographies with an emphasis on delivering the desired consumer experience.
You will independently coordinate technical work for projects in line with RDQ, marketing and manufacturing requirements, effectively communicating status and risks, and coordinate projects to determine appropriate packaging specification information using sampling and supplier management and pilot-plant and factory trials in accordance with good manufacturing practice and HACCP requirements. In this role, you will also develop activities such as packaging design and specifications, scale up, commissioning, etc., and plan for the effective use of resources including the use of external agencies and suppliers. To succeed in this role, you will use your understanding of equipment design and manufacturing processes to ensure that packaging specifications are determined with excellence. You will be accountable for stakeholder management and influencing decisions based on conclusions derived from the analysis and interpretation of results; develop and leverage connections both internally and with the external technical community; and create intellectual property to drive competitive advantage.
Candidate requirements :
- Packaging development and/or packaging deployment, ideally within fast moving consumer goods or consumer packaging goods environment
- Leading teams and influencing cross-functional teams
- Planning and delivering multiple priorities
- Proactively identifying complex technical or business problems and creating and implementing solutions
- Influencing senior and cross-functional stakeholders verbally and in writing, including writing technical reports
- Coaching and mentoring others
- Championing for consumer needs
- Technical curiosity and collaborative mindset