About the role :
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to deliver energy storage projects in Ontario. You’ll play a leadership role in the implementation of projects.
- 30% – Coordinate team (which may consist of business developers, EPC project management, engineering, and third-party consultants) through site due-diligence and permitting activities; consult with team members to ensure: (1) compliance with and continuity between Project Agreements (PPAs, Options, Leases, Interconnection Agreements) which includes the monitoring of Option-to-Lease payments, contract deadlines, and permitting deadlines; and (2) that the project, as described in any permit plans remains technically and economically feasible.
- 20% – Assess early development opportunities from the Company’s origination team and effectively communicate project & product plans, challenges, and necessary outcomes. Maintain regional subcontractor and vendor relations and pricing matrix. Act as the project lead once the origination team has contracted with the customer.
- 15% – Maintain accurate and up-to-date project management reporting (i.e., project development package, development schedules, construction schedules & budgets) and all diligence matters to facilitate project approvals and financing requirements.
- 15% – Serve as the internal lead subject matter expert on microgrid technology, applicable laws, guidelines, and policy affecting preconstruction permitting including: land use and zoning approval, environmental approvals, and other approvals.
- 5% – Prepare summary reports including permitting memos and milestone calendars for executive, finance, and EPC team review.
- 5% – Manage consultant solicitations for project specific requirements (e.g., wetlands, civil, zoning, etc.) and manage consultant contracts throughout project development.
- 5% – Participate in public and private meetings with permitting stakeholders and landowners as necessary, which may include zoning and land-use approval hearings.
- 5% – Other duties as assigned
Candidate requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree: Electrical Engineering Preferred, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering
- Three years’ experience in Ontario energy project development – C&I microgrid, solar & storage
- Working knowledge of Ontario codes with ability to quickly look up site-specific considerations.
- Proven track record in building relationships; ability to develop customer and stakeholder relationships quickly.
- Ability to articulate complex issues through succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations.
- Possess a diplomatic, persuasive, and articulate communication style.
- Working knowledge or demonstrated ability to quickly learn associated distributed energy resource offerings.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, high energy, and ability to work well in a team environment with proven attention to detail and project management experience.
- Ability to travel upon request.
- Experience and/or formal training in structured proposal development is a plus.
- Willingness to embrace and defend a culture of respect, communication, and accountability to thrive in a highly dynamic environment.