About the role :
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team in the role of Mainframe Developer.
- Work in all activities mentioned in SDLC lifecycle
- Develop / review the technical design
- Analyse and develop code as per specifications
- Conduct review of design/code/test plan and test results
- Prepare unit / system test plans, conduct unit testing and system integration testing
- Provide post development support.
- Day to day maintenance and support of the application
- Customer delight: Ensuring that customer expectations are met and exceeded under all circumstances. This would imply the following:
Shouldering responsibility diligently and delivering quality output within the defined schedule and service levels
Understanding the client’s requirement and translating it to the project team
Candidate requirements :
- Technical capability: Continuously upgrading and learning various tools and technologies required for successful project delivery through continuous learning.
Expert in development of Mainframe systems using COBOL, JCL, DB2 and VSAM.
Additional experience in CA7, SAS and CICS would be preferred.
Knowledge of rational tools like RTC, RDZ, sonarqube and smart bear would be an advantage
- At least 3-8 years of experience in IT with solid knowledge on application development and support
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Experience in Finance and Banking industry would be an advantage
- Familiarity with SDLC, SAFe AGILE, DEVOPS principles would be an advantage
- Work under pressure, willing to work beyond standard working hours when there is a demand
- Open mind set and adaptability to change, positive attitude and logical thinking
- Ability to work independently under pressure and proactively in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Should be a team player; ability to multi-task, good inter-personal skills, ability to troubleshoot & testing skills. Should be organized and self-starter