About the role:
- Analyze, develop, design, and maintain test tools to validate product and system performance.
- Perform tests and analyses results and reporting test results.
- Work with multi-disciplinary engineering teams to resolve issues detected through testing.
- This role will be responsible for ensuring the quality of our clients’ systems and applications. We are looking for people with a high level of attention to detail and who think outside the box.
- Supporting delivery teams across various projects on testing activities
- Testing key applications and systems to ensure high quality delivery
- Working collaboratively with team members to ensure timely delivery
- Continuous improvement of practice and knowledge
- Continuously discover, evaluate and evolve testing practices to maximize efficiency
- Perform functionality, usability and regression testing of products – both manual and automated
- Assist in formulating test strategy
- Test configuration and compatibility of software on multiple hardware platforms.
- Track, analyze, record & verify all software functionality discrepancies.
- Develop, perform and document test procedures to verify problem fixes.
- Report and escalate critical issues to the Team Lead.
- Carry out scheduled testing, producing test reports and providing feedback to the team
- Monitor progress to meet milestones or deadlines.
- Follow quality assurance procedures to test and evaluate software products.
- Directly responsible for adhering to all company and QA policies and procedures.
- Attend sprint planning meeting is – take the requirements from clients (internal and external)
- Review software requirements
- Look at requirements , read scope and ask exploratory questions to assist the testing process
- Min 2+ commercial experience in programming, preferably Linux based scripting languages, such as Bash and Python
- Min 2+ commercial experience in test automation with frontend client apps – mobile & web and services – API testing
- Experience with test automation framework such as Selenium, Appium, Cucumber, etc
- Experience with hands-on, manual testing
- Experience with non-functional tests are a bonus
- Experience in formulating test strategies, plans, execution and reporting
- Expert understanding of the Testing Lifecycle and the different types of testing such as Functional and Integration Testing.
- Strong technical acquity – good general technical knowledge
- Basic understanding of networking
- Good communication skills, with excellent ability to question vague requirements and be comfortable in presenting testing strategies in front of any audience
- Analytical skills with a structured approach, a great teammate and someone who has a goal for improving business best practices and a passion for problem solving
- Experience with Agile delivery methodologies and Agile Testing paradigms
- Computer Science degree
- Relevant certifications