About the role :
Awardco is looking for a Senior Systems administrator to assist in scaling the business and to keep the company within compliance. This role will be playing a major part as Awardco relocates to a new office building. You will have the unique opportunity to build out infrastructure and pioneering new processes within the IT department.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, endpoints, software, and hardware
- Maintain internal infrastructure including, endpoint management, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, security updates
- Administer and develop additional necessary IT infrastructure.
- Maintain JAMF, Google Workspace, Azure, Mimecast
- Work with the IT Security team to keep our security posture as high as possible.
- Support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
- Design network and server environments to be redundant and stable.
- Install and maintain network hardware and software
- Interact with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups
Candidate requirements :
- 5 or more years of IT work experience in an administration/engineering role.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Technical certifications in a Windows Server environment
- Technical certifications in Azure a plus.
- Technical certification(s) in HP, Dell, EMC or other storage hardware a plus
- Technical certifications in networking such as Cisco a plus
- Experience maintaining and engineering
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience with Windows Server and Active Directory.
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience configuring, maintaining and leveraging SAN and NAS hardware.
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience implementing, troubleshooting and tuning virtual servers.
- Experience with Project Management, application design and integration, and cloud computing (primarily Microsoft Azure)