About the role :
Reporting to the Superintendent, Operations, the Senior Training Advisor is responsible for assisting Refinery staff with the skills and competencies required to perform their tasks in a safe, productive and effective manner through the development, implementation and coordination of training programs and assessments. The successful candidate will work to continuously improve the product quality program through auditor mentorship, auditing and promotion of the quality management system.
- Meet COIMS & regulatory requirements, while ensuring ISO 9001:2015 Standards are met.
- Support onboarding and training requirements of new employees, summer relief, and 4th Class PE students.
- Conduct classroom, virtual and/or field instruction as required.
- Support formal assessments and as per Cenovus Competency Assurance Program (CAP).
- Partner with HSE to ensure all training solutions comply with legislative and corporate requirements.
- Work directly with Operations and Maintenance to determine training needs focusing on gaps in knowledge and skills.
- Administer product quality program.
- Management of Operations and Maintenance Training tracking, KPI reporting, and document control management including LMS assigned and operations/maintenance specific training.
Candidate requirements :
- Post-secondary education relating to business and/or the oil and gas industry is preferred
- Power Engineering Certification, Journeyman Trade Certification and/or ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor certification would be an asset but not required
- Previous experience with facilitating adult learning and training, coupled with strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to high safety standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to take initiative, and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Superior troubleshooting, organizational, problem solving and project management skills.
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook), SharePoint 2013 and learning management systems
- For this position you will be required to maintain a valid Class 5 driver’s license, a satisfactory driving record, and adhere to the appropriate Company policies and guidelines. A Driver’s abstract will be one of the background checks requested in the Pre-employment Screening for the final candidate.