About the role :
Your role as a service Operations Manager will involve the end-to-end operational ownership and management of a UK business application services portfolio focused on stability, asset health, cost and risk management. You will manage the application support and maintenance services provided by our internal support teams and external vendors, to deliver exceptional application service availability and product support.
- Cradle to grave ownership of the IT services within your portfolio.
- Support in-flight project enhancements and other changes by providing operational support leads with direction, guidance and prioritisation.
- Work closely with internal teams and external vendors to drive performance and value from the services provided.
- Work with Service Management Centre teams to identify and resolve service issues and support the resolution of problems in dependent
- services during project phase and where required post-handover to BAU.
- Manage Service Leads, Service Analysts and Technical SMEs (where applicable), set direction and priorities.
- Own service wrap, including performance, maintenance, continuity and improvement delivery of portfolio applications.
- Lead the DevOps resource management pipeline.
- Develop the priority sequence of all service and product deliveries involving ESO business applications.
- Responsible for product implementation planning and execution.
- Provide asset health input to programme boards.
- Act as governing governor for service transition readiness approval.
- Ensure risks to and from products including (but not limited to) technical, design, supplier, commercial, security, asset health and operational risks are being managed. Make effective risk management decisions and drive appropriate mitigations.
- Work closely with all other IT management personnel in identifying, evaluating, selecting, and implementing specific information technologies that support the business plans and IT strategies
- Ensure you adhere to policies and procedures that are compliant with industry and regulatory policies
- Drive year on year cost reductions including presenting business cases on new initiatives.
- Ensure effective support of current applications using a range of internal resources and external suppliers in support of National Grid’s requirements.
- Manage the operational relationship and performance of IT suppliers and service providers, to ensure contractual agreements are met.
- Direct an efficient and effective service to allow seamless integration of the new and changed products into production.
Candidate requirements :
- Knowledge of the business, IT mission and objectives, together with detailed understanding of the AM services provided to the business through service management.
- Experience of managing ‘IT as a Service’ with deep understanding of ITSM Framework.
- A good track record of working in matrix organization and interfacing with internal service providers in delivering services to the business.
- A good track record of interfacing with direct and 3rd party suppliers delivering services.
- A good knowledge of in-scope applications technologies as well as the business processes.
- Able to influence and manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to manage dependencies, risks, costs, stability across the portfolio.
- Ability to influence, manage and lead negotiations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Can demonstrate relationship management, problem solving, application support and customer service skills.
- Technical experience in dealing with a broad range of products and technologies.
- Understands company’s policies, management structures and reporting procedures for all aspects of the application support and management services.
- Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in all interactions with ESO Technology and Global IT colleagues, vendors and business stakeholders.
- Experience of managing OPEX and delivering year on year reductions.