About The Role:
CSX Technology is transforming the rail industry through innovative approaches to application development. To maintain the pace of change we are looking for Software Engineers that are passionate about creating applications that enhance their customer’s business. Our Software Engineers are a key member of the development team, serving as a technical expert while designing, developing and maintaining high quality software. Applicants will be required to engage in ongoing background checks through the duration of this position with continued passing results.
- Code, debug, test, and support programs, applications, services, mobile apps, utilities and tools as part of the application development process.
- Provide production support responsibilities for one or more applications
- Document test cases, expected results, test data requirements, and collaborate with testing teams/business partners to resolve testing problems.
- Provide impact analysis for changes to programs and systems.
- Translate functional requirements into working solutions
- Follow best practices around developing and maintaining secure systems
- Design and build technical solutions for typical business problems based on standards and guidance from more experienced team members
- Debug and resolve issues with code of average complexity for current application
- Actively engaged with immediate team members to ensure alignment with specified technical deliverables
- Assist in the definition of best practices and strategies for the team
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s Degree/4-year Degree
- 1 or more years of experience in Software Development
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3 or more years of experience in software development.