Software Engineer (Remote)Full Time
About The Role:
Kepler is designing a network architecture to bring the internet to space. This network will enable communication between our constellation of LEO satellites and other space-based assets. Working closely with the Network Architect, the Senior Software Engineer, Networks will be developing, implementing and operating this infrastructure to deliver a modern, flexible, high throughput, low latency network virtualization architecture. To be successful in the role, you will be implementing custom networking protocols, wireless technologies, network security, quality of service, communications infrastructure, and network management tools. You will have deep networking and routing software development experience, including hands-on experience delivering network virtualization software and application security.
- Work closely with network architect to build and deploy user segment of space Internet service.
- Work with other teams to integrate and develop user segment software.
- Take ownership for the design and development of all SDN and SD-WAN controllers
- Design and build a network simulator for the Internet in space service
- Develop tools for the network operations team to obtain telemetry and monitor Kepler’s network infrastructure[
- Develop tools for the network operations team to maintain and configure Kepler’s network infrastructu.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years with BGP, MPLS, ISIS, and/or OSPF.
- 5+ years working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- 5+ years experience with OpenFlow, Open vSwitch, SwitchDev, or similar network virtualization experience.
- 3+ years experience in automating network tasks via Bash/shell or Python.
- 3+ years experience with systems programming in C and/or C++.
- Deep experience with L2, L3, and L4 technologies, routing, and transport protocols.