About the role :
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Upstream Planning, you will be responsible for coordinating work across the Oil Sands portfolio. The Upstream Planning team is accountable for the company’s Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting as it relates to the financial and operational performance of the Upstream portfolio. The Specialist, Upstream Planning will act as a strategic partner to the business to help them deliver their annual business plans, inform investment decisions and advance key priorities.
- Lead the development of the annual budget for Foster Creek, Christina Lake, Sunrise, Lloyd Thermal and Conventional Heavy Oil.
- Partner with the Oil Sands business to develop the 5-year business plan in accordance with corporate objectives and planning guidance.
- Understand risks and opportunities related to the 5-year business plan.
- Prepare materials for the Cenovus Leadership Team and Board of Directors on the budget and 5-year business plan.
- Prepare materials for Investor Relations and Investor Day.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis to support strategy sessions, budget, 5-year business plan and Investor Day. Examples might include forward cost performance, project lookbacks and sustaining capital trends.
- As a subject matter expert, guide the Oil Sands team through the Capital Allocation Framework and Investment Committee process.
- Lead cross-functional project teams including members of Corporate Planning, Accounting, Operations and Asset Development to deliver the annual budget and 5-year business plan.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes as we work to integrate systems and data from both legacy companies.
- Manage work and provide direction to 2-3 direct reports.
Candidate requirements :
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Minimum of 12+ years of work experience in oil & gas with financial, accounting, production, asset development, major projects or operations knowledge.
- Completed university degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering or related field.
- Prior experience leading teams and directing work of others.
- Able to work on a high performing team with competing responsibilities and deadlines.
- Highly organized, adaptive and flexible to deliver time sensitive material.
- Strong analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Able to take complex finance and business matters and simplify for senior leader level messaging.
- Actively engage and influence multi-disciplinary teams, including senior leaders, and drive change through continuous improvement.