About the role:
With a small staff of direct reports, this position is responsible for oversight of all Illinois-based planning activities including: hydraulic modeling of new proposed loads, pipe and regulator sizing, out of service analyses, annual system review, and recommendations for system improvements. The position supports critical programs including Invest in Illinois, Critical Risk Assessment, as well as daily operations of the pipeline. This position also provides on-call support for emergencies.
- Familiarity with facility data (GIS, PITS, AR, SCADA) and customer data (CIS, NBA) for Nicor Gas.
- Works with local System Operations personnel, Customer Development, Gas Operations, and other operating departments to support onboarding new customers and additional system load.
- Utilizes hydraulic modeling and data processing tools to evaluate winter readiness and peak day system performance.
- Subject matter expert in distribution design and operating department best practices.
- Provide emergency response support for incidents and troubleshoot system pressure anomalies; recommend system isolations and additional supporting analysis for operating department response.
- Manage internal controls and policies to meet regulatory requirements.
- Maintains oversight of distribution regulation facility sizing, out-of-service windows, and future load projections.
- Provide recommendations for infrastructure growth and capacity planning.
- Provide senior level guidance to junior staff members
- Collaborates with System Operations, Customer Development, Economic Development, Marketing, Rates, Engineering Design, Construction Operations, and Field Operations.
- Provides rationale for the solution recommended.
- Collaborates with Distribution Integrity Management and the Project Management Office on distribution rider replacement projects.
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering
- BS Degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- Professional Engineering License
Related Work Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering role
- 10 years of experience in engineering role
- Supervisory experience
Specific Skills& Knowledge:
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- MS Excel, Word – intermediate proficiency
- Synergi Gas Modeling software – intermediate to advanced proficiency
- MS Excel – advanced proficiency
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- The incumbent will work in an office environment.
- Physical demands: Prolonged sitting.
- On-call duties: None initially. Will be placed on rotation to respond to urgent issues after training and experience is gained.