Requisition ID: 152242
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit OGC Engineering
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Position OverviewWe are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
District OverviewKiewit Engineering Group, Inc. is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
LocationThis position is based out of our Energy Corridor Office in Houston, TX.
Responsibilities• Provides potential solutions to complex issues.
• Reviews the work of designers developing documents as needed for the project.
• Acts as a field resource to assist construction in field resolution on issues.
• Possesses advanced AutoCAD skills and is able to design and draft advanced drawings.
• Proficient in 3D modeling with some supervision.
• Acts independently to utilize industry and company standards to design effectively. No supervision required to apply standard correctly to design.
• Reviews application of standards and can make suggestions on improvements needed
• Serves as a resource to department, projects and construction.
• Identifies changes in scope of work during small to mid-sized projects and produces drawing changes as needed to stay within budget and schedule.
• Balances individual performance requirements with the demands for team participation.
• Performs assigned work efficiently and effectively to maximize person productivity.
• Review vendor documentation and comment as it applies to client and project needs.
• Complete as-builts by utilizing Request for Information (RFIs), Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) and red-marked drawings from construction.
Qualifications• Associate degree in Engineering Technology or High School diploma + 2 years’ experience as a minimum.
• 10-18 years’ minimum relevant experience in refining or petrochemical industry.
• Self directs work with limited supervision.
• Provides guidance, leadership and training to less experienced designers.
• Leads small team to complete task/design on project.
• Work with project team as representative and coordinates work within discipline department.
• Adjusts to varying demands of work and performs well.
• Communicates effectively with supervisor and members of immediate department.
• Works collaboratively across departments and involves others in solving problems.
• Supports project teams and departments in a positive and productive manner. Works well with other to accomplish common goals and objectives.
• Serves as technical resource to engineers, designers and construction.
• Experience utilizing a computer-aided drafting program (MicroStation, AutoCAD, Navis Works) and have knowledge of the latest computer operating systems; thorough understanding of spreadsheets and databases.
• Experience with SmartPlant preferred.
• Continuously looking for ways to improve processes for customers and makes recommendations for improvements.
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Managing Client Expectations