About the role :
We’re looking for Station Visitor Centre Guides to join us at Sizewell B Power Station with a competitive salary and terms and conditions covered by the EDF Personal Contract. The starting salary will be dependent on your existing salary, competence, experience and qualifications.
As a Station Visitor Centre Guide, you’ll be ensuring the safety and wellbeing of visitors whilst they are on site, so you need to have the confidence to speak and challenge all stakeholders, external or internal, particularly on matters of nuclear safety. You’ll be managing the experience for all levels of seniority and a variety of group sizes.
During visits from education groups, you’ll support and lead on centre activities and station tours. You’ll also take this externally, representing the station through presentations at external events. Working alongside the Visitor Centre Coordinator and the Community Liaison Officer, you’ll promote and manage the reputation of EDF in the local community through a variety of activities and programmes.
Candidate requirements :
- Excellent communication skills, adaptable to all ages and abilities both face to face and virtually
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a passion for STEM subjects
- Methodical and customer-focused approach to work
- Friendly, approachable and confident manner
- Sensitivity to people’s needs and cultural differences
- Business and commercial awareness
- Team player with the ability to work well on your own
- Proficiency in computer skills – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexibility in work pattern
- Full driving licence would be desirable