Systems AnalystFull Time
Login to bookmark
About The Role:
This position is for the MPL SCADA Systems Analyst position located in the San Antonio, Texas Office (consideration would also be given for being located out of the Findlay, Ohio office location). SCADA Analysts manage the operational control system used by Marathon Pipeline (MPL) to safely control the movement and delivery of liquid petroleum products. MPL moves crude oil and refined products between production fields, third party pipelines, river barges, refineries, and product terminals. The SCADA system enables the company to monitor and control pipelines throughout the U.S. from an Operations Center.
- SCADA system implementation, integration, operation, support and maintenance.
- Provide 24×7 on call support to the Operations Center on a rotational basis and disaster recovery services as required.
- Document changes and to the control environment thoroughly and accurately following MOC process.
- Continuously improve the MPL control system.
- Apply Company and Industry policies and standards for SCADA, SCADA network and Cyber security.
- Troubleshoots communication and remote equipment issues affecting the pipeline operations.
- Supports the existing infrastructure; assists with the maintenance of the computer operating system and network.
- Responds to pipeline issues and demonstrates ability to optimize resources. Works on day to day project activities and enhancements with vendors, suppliers and field technicians.
- Builds, modifies, tests and designs screens and database records in SCADA to add new operations functions.
- Troubleshoots control equipment in the field by providing diagnostic information to the field.
- Degree: Bachelor’s required
- Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering Technology or other related discipline preferred.
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills required.