About the role :
As a Tax Specialist your will be ensuring the accurate and timely preparation and submission of complex monthly and quarterly UK (and some EU) excise duty, VAT and other statutory returns for all European operations
- Corresponding with HMRC / other relevant tax authorities regarding any queries, issues or audits
- Reconciliation of tax return calculations and payments to SAP data
- Communications with various internal and external personnel required to obtain the information needed to ensure complete, accurate and timely indirect tax reporting
- Supporting the Indirect Tax Manager by assisting with Ad Hoc projects or tasks when required.
- Maintaining an accurate tax calendar for the indirect tax team
- Maintaining all indirect tax files
- Performing tax research as needed
- Dealing with internal queries and escalating to management when required
Candidate requirements :
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with functional and business stakeholders.
- Ability to identify issues and resolve problems.
- Ability to read and interpret company policies, regulatory guidelines, and other work-related documentation.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Ability to abide by confidentiality requirements when working with sensitive information, results, and communications.
- Skill in providing thorough, efficient, and effective customer service to individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Ability to accomplish work within required timelines, including short, long, and emergency timeframes.
- Ability to cross-train in other department duties to ensure efficient coverage department responsibilities.
- Ability to work with others to accomplish challenging assignments.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments to ensure completion of tasks within stated time requirement
- Degree educated (or equivalent) required
- Qualified/or part qualified Chartered Accountant required for Tax Specialist. For Associate Tax Specialist must be willing to gain these qualifications.
- Minimum two years relevant work experience
- Advance skill using Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word and Excel).
- SAP experience preferred