Expert knowledge and understanding of National Electrical Code guidelines required. Thorough knowledge and understanding of safe electrical practices, safe hot work practices, confined space regulations, and DOT pipeline safety devices required. Knowledge in the installation and programming of all types of programmable logic controllers, servers, communication equipment, and another telemetry.
– Maintains and completes accurate filing and updating of all operational records including, but not limited to: tickets, stream sheets, strip charts, batch comparison forms, inventory accounting, meter calibrations, operations manuals, emergency response manuals, trouble reports, and policies, and procedures. May include special safety audits, manual edits, and procedure writing.
– Applies terms, definitions, and concepts from mechanics, electricity, heat, and chemistry. (Solutions may involve simple formulas for figuring flash point, specific gravity, and expansion rate.)
– Recognizes electrical and electronic units of measurement such as volts, amps, watts, ohms, hertz, farads, etc.
– Installs and programs of all types of programmable logic controllers, servers, communication equipment, and other telemetry.
– Performs circuit breaker maintenance, Medium-Voltage (air and vacuum).
– Performs circuit breaker maintenance, Molded, and Insulated-Case.
– Performs electrical motor and generator maintenance and testing.
– Tasks include substation basic maintenance of medium-voltage circuit breaker fundamentals, maintenance, and testing methods.
– Performs insulation resistance, contact resistance, overpotential, vacuum integrity, and power factor testing for air, oil, and vacuum medium-voltage circuit breakers.
– Performs switchgear inspection and maintenance. Basic over-current and voltage protective relay fundamentals, maintenance, and testing methods.
– Understands the operating principles and use of fiber optic signal transmission (cables, fittings, connections, installation, application, special considerations, and advantages).
Skills & Requirements:
– High school diploma or GED is required.
– 5 years of experience in the electrical & instrumentation field is required.
– Currently have and able to maintain a valid state driver’s license with minimal infractions required.
– Experience with National Electrical code guidelines required.
– Experience with safe electrical practices, safe hot work practices, and confine space regulations required.
– Experience with DOT pipeline safety devices preferred.
– Must have or be able to become OQ compliant required.
– Some out-of-town travel may be required with overnight stay(s) required.
– Ability to work in an outdoor environment, which could include extreme heat and/or extreme cold required.
– Ability to work overtime with little or no notice during the week, weekends, holidays, etc. as dictated by operations required.