About the role:
Position responsibilities include all aspects of the full software lifecycle model, including production support, solution delivery, and managing applications and/or reporting tools.
The successful candidate will be part of a diverse team with a strong focus on technology, innovation and efficiency, and will be responsible for a variety of assignments that could include but are not limited to rearchitecting MS Access solutions, application development and providing application support. The position will work directly with a variety of customers which will require excellent interpersonal, communication, customer service, time management, learning agility and organizational skills.
- ay-to-Day, the analyst will perform functional tasks including requirements development, configuration, maintenance, enhancements and upgrades to existing tools and applications.
- Provide hands-on technical support, including the implementation, delivery, and maintenance of applications and reporting tools.
- Responsible for interacting with the users/customers to obtain information and share information needed for successful system implementation, upgrades, usage and maintenance experience.
- Developing and maintaining documentation pertaining to support responsibilities and tasks.
- Collaborate with other Operating Companies to improve applications and/or associated work processes for alignment.
- Maintain technical proficiency and support the knowledge-sharing approach within the team.
- Build and establish productive relationships with customers and communicate effectively to understand and integrate their needs in daily functions of the team.
- Foster constant innovation in processes and tools by means of automation, programming and collaboration.
- Able to learn new technology and customer processes in support of application modifications.
- Staying current implementing TO’s Development Strategies and Standards software development best practices and procedures.
- Model and support employee-led safety culture and human performance initiatives.
- Support projects/committees in Operations Support and across Southern Company as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems preferred but not required.
- Experience with programming languages is preferred (e.g. C#, Visual Basic/VBA, Perl, Linux, PowerShell, etc.).
- Experience in Frameworks/Platforms .NET Core, Web API, Entity Framework, Angular, Microsoft Power Platform is a plus.
- Experience creating PowerBI Reports and MOBI Applications is a plus.
- Data management skills with experience in writing or using SQL queries.
- Experience with relational databases is preferred (e.g., SYBASE, ORACLE, SQL SERVER)
- Previous experience providing front-line end-user support to multiple user groups is preferred.
- Experience providing technical support and troubleshooting applications is a plus
- Power Delivery (Distribution or Transmission) and/or Technology Organization (TO) experience is a plus.
- Strong computer skills in standard software packages such as Microsoft Office required
- Experience with EMS and/or GIS is a plus
- Proven high degree of accuracy and quality work results required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong skills in problem-solving, decision-making, and multi-tasking.
- Ability to analyze data and communicate insights effectively (verbal/written).
- Self-directed with strong initiative
- Customer-focused approach
- Follow through on all aspects of assignments to ensure a quality solutions and increased value is delivered to our customers
- Builds productive relationships with a focus on collaborations and teamwork
- Ability to obtain Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) and Insider Threat Program (ITP) security clearance is required